There Are Many Like It...
...but this blog is mine.
I am Devin Chalmers. I've been working on the web since 2001, I studied math & philosophy at Reed College, graduating in 2008; I've been working mostly in Cocoa ever since. I've managed to make a few pretty cool things, and I hope to write about them here. Every so often I have a thought that I feel bears writing down. Usually I'll put it in a letter to a pretty girl, but the other ones will go here.
You can see a smattering of projects at doormouse.org.
In general, I think you should be as specific as possible. Specifically:
WATCH THIS SPACE FOR EXCITING DEVELOPMENTS IN SUCH VARIED FIELDS AS:
- Radio and television!
- Apps about radio!
- Apps about television!
- Data and its visualization!
- Beef bourguignon!
- Beer, and the Internet!
- Cocktails, and also Internet!
- Simple things made well!
- The radical destabilization of scarcity economics!
- Artificial life and complex systems!
- Boy do I hate HackerNews!
- Virtual Trinkets!
- The Microsoft Kinect!
- Citizen Code!
- Why you don't get spam anymore! Seriously, why?
- LCD Soundsystem, best band of all time!
- and much, much more!
Someday, you'll be able to say You Were Here for the mission statement. If you have a good sense for colors please contact me.